Monday, April 21, 2014

LANDSCAPE

This was my first attempt with my landscape. I tried to continue with the curves and follow the design of my aquarium. I added two reflective pools and the path design took me a while I wanted to create the path in away which people can walk through the aquarium and if they decide they want to go to the waterfront they can and also if they wanted to leave the aquarium and get back onto conover street they can do that also. the paths will include a seating area to view the waterfront and I will also add a park with sprinklers or a sculpture park since I really liked Seattle waterfront. I feel like the green space works because it leads the viewers into the aquarium or out of it, it leads people through the greenspace and onto the waterfront and it also leads them back onto the street, and with the addition of the park and seating area it will make the waterfront stronger as well as the aquariums greenspace stronger.

4 comments:

  1. It's a great aerial view , nice landscape .

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very nice diagram - I want to see it in 3d - so I can see how it is sculpted.
    I would also suggest you take a walk through Brooklyn Bridge Park - from Dumbo to Pier 6 at Atlantic Avenue. This park on the water front has started to carve, curve and engage the users.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, this is a good start! Think of these exterior paths as an extension of the interior circulation of your building. The form enclosing space is very fluid and organic, sculpted in all 3 spatial dimensions. Similar should be the approach of your landscape or even better landscape and building should be one form that either creates enclosure or landscapes open space. So, jump into 3d and sectional cuts to visualize all these. Your landscape should not be flat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take a look at Thom Mayne's earlier approaches to building/ground interfaces. He has always had a knack for integrating the 2 in a way that engages, but still delineates.

    Also consider that there is nothing that states that the entirety of the ground must be adjacent to level 1 of your building. Perhaps there is a berming strategy that benefits the programme in some way or other.

    ReplyDelete